Podcast Episode 95: Guest Highlights Of 2020
In this Guest Highlights episode, the first of 2021, Lucinda takes time to reflect on some of the incredible insights gained from her stellar line up of guests throughout 2020 on The HR Uprising Podcast. Without doubt a year that proved challenging in terms of business, but also empowering in terms of wisdom.
- Certainly, inclusive leadership is not restricted only to those in management positions. It is the responsibility of all of us to make everyone feel part of the team.
- The Iceberg Syndrome describes the underlying culture beneath the surface of every company – that slowly constructed set of values that shape our business, but which isn’t always clear from the surface.
- The most critical part of communicating redundancies or other negative news, is to remember that the person being told is the most important person in that room. Furthermore, we must put their feelings ahead of anything.
- Indeed, in the eternal quest for return-on-investment, we sometimes become blinded to things that matter most – namely that we put relationships at the head of any conversation, and not treat our workers as merely some finite source of effort.
‘We need to call each other out in that constructive, compassionate way’
‘It’s about having the courage to be the spark – to step up and influence’
‘You are not the message – you’re merely the messenger’
‘I ask people to think about it as a presentation, not a conversation’
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Links to highlighted episodes and resources:
- Getting Comfortable Talking About Race – with Umar Zamman
- Diversity & Inclusion Masterclass from Covid-19 with Baljit Kaur
- Catalysts Of Culture Masterclass – Best-Selling Author Julie Ann Sullivan
- Culture Change Masterclass with Karen Gill
- Being The Spark to Effect Change – with Jennifer McClure
- How To Manage Future Leaders – Masterclass with Greg Kinnaird
- HR & The Joy Of Work – with Bruce Daisley
- Rewards and Recognition Masterclass – Tom Robinson
- Employment Law Masterclass – with Vicky Roberts
- How To Be A Great Interviewee – with Jo Irwin
- Virtual Training:
- How to Prioritise Self-Care (The HR Uprising)
- How To Be A Change Superhero – by Lucinda Carney
- Latest Performance Management Blog
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Therefore, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“When we look up we rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel