This Episode: How To Manage Future Leaders – Masterclass with Greg Kinnaird
This week’s HR Uprising Podcast episode is a Masterclass with Greg Kinnaird of Corporate Learning Solutions, who discusses the future of the workplace, and how best we can manage and empower our future leaders.
Among the topics covered are how leaders must adapt and change in order to empower their organisations remotely, the importance of technology in a future workplace landscape, and why the environment is just as important as the work itself.
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Change Superhero Resources
- Latest Performance Management Blog
- PWC – Future of Work (2030)
- Deloittes – Human Capital Survey https://www2.deloitte.com/au/en/pages/human-capital/articles/human-capital-trends.html
- The COVID situation has created a “pressure cooker” situation, in which all organisations are being forced to examine every layer of their business in order to see what’s working, and what isn’t.
- Certainly, the role of leaders has changed. We are not only trying our best to work remotely, but also to empower our teams and build the trust required in order to let them work without direct sight.
- Indeed, emotional intelligence is all about self-awareness. Leaders can often be unaware of the impact they leave on others due to their unconscious bias, or their lack of security in trusting others to operate.
- As leaders, the environment itself should be foremost in the mind when assembling our workforce. Productivity can increase exponentially by making sure our teams can work to their strengths due to environmental planning.
- ‘COVID has simply crashed the timeline of 2020’
- ‘It’s not about where you’ve been. It’s about how we’re going to do things in the future’
- ‘Forget about hierarchies – it’s more about open-source collaborative environments’
- ‘We need to have flexibility, and work with other people who have those strengths’
- ‘We close the gaps between bits and bytes’
About The Guest
Greg Kinnaird is the Manager of Corporate Learning Solutions which was founded in 2000 to educate high potential leaders and teams to champion change and innovation. Greg holds a Masters in Business Administration and a degree in Training and Development.
Furthermore, he has over 20 years of experience in Organisational Development, Talent Management and Learning / Leadership Development, specialising in the areas of developing high potential leaders to effectively manage teams and tasks.
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Indeed it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“When we look up we rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel