This Episode: Catalysts Of Culture Masterclass – With Best-Selling Author Julie Ann Sullivan
In this weeks HR Uprising Episode, Lucinda is joined by special guest Julie Ann Sullivan. This Catalysts of Culture Masterclass explores the power of culture, and how we can be more engaging as leaders and change agents.
Julie Ann has a background in psychology, and has devoted her life to discovering all she can about human behaviour. Consequently, she has been sought after by such organisations as McDonalds, Duquesne University and Bayer US. Today, Julie Ann brings her considerable knowledge to The HR Uprising Podcast!
This HR Uprising Masterclass was recorded before Lockdown.
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- Training: Virtual Change Superhero Training
- Recommended Episode: How to Prioritise Self-Care (The HR Uprising)
- The number one superpower that any professional can have is communication. Not just talking and projecting, but also active listening. It is an art in itself.
- Indeed, leaders are engaging in a much more effective way by humanising themselves, and presenting a vulnerable, humble side to their workforce. Furthermore, by showing that we can’t possible know it all, we create a greater sense of engagement.
- The four tenets that make up the Power Of More are:
- Values are best instilled through consistency and repetition. Furthermore, incentivising the adoption of your values can lead to remarkable gains in terms of culture.
- Certainly, deepening self-knowledge is a lifetime pursuit that allows us to look past the container of knowledge. Thus allowing us to see the knowledge itself without judgment.
- ‘’The power of more needs to be built into the fabric of our culture’
- ‘Change is like a dirty word to people, but it doesn’t have to be that way’
- ‘Culture is not a one-and-done’
- ’The new sexy word for leadership is “vulnerability“
- ‘You can’t change anything until you recognise it’
About The Guest
Julie Ann Sullivan, The Queen of Culture, is the founder of Learning Never Ends, whose mission is to change the world to better communicate, collaborate and cooperate, one person at a time. Indeed, her diverse background gives her a unique perspective as a business culture expert. She earned a BA in Psychology and an MBA in Accounting, earning the designation of CPA. Furthermore, Julie Ann is an international best-selling author. Her current book is titled, Catalysts of Culture – How Visionary Leaders Activate the Employee Experience. She also is host to Mere Mortals Unite and Businesses that Care podcasts. When Julie Ann is not speaking, training, coaching or podcasting, she lives in Pittsburgh with her wonder dog, Joy.
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Indeed, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community. Thus facilitating greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“When we look up we rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel