This Episode: How To Deliver A Standout Candidate Experience – with Adrian McDonagh of Hireful
Lucinda is joined by Adrian McDonagh of Hireful – an expert in onboarding and recruitment – to discuss the ways in which we can ensure an inspiring, impactful candidate experience, and therefore guarantee that the best people are drawn to our organisations.
- With the rise of hybrid working, and with the power being returned to the hands of candidates rather than recruiters, it’s never been more important to make sure that candidate experiences are outstanding.
- Recruiters are moving much faster with CVs, and are arranging interviews in no time at all. But the rate at which the candidate experience has evolved for the better is sadly not as nimble as this.
- The experience of candidates within the first two to six weeks of their arrival, has a direct correlation upon the length of time they’ll stay within the organisation.
- Pre-boarding is crucial. Look for gaps in the communication process and make sure they’re amended. If lines of communication are not kept up after the job offer is given, it can lead to a sense of disorientation for the candidate.
Best Moments from ‘How To Deliver A Standout Candidate Experience – with Adrian McDonagh of Hireful‘
‘Interviews are being booked twice as fast!’
‘You have a real advantage. Many of your competitors are working too fast’
‘It’s all about building in a system. It’ll save you so much time’
‘We want to make sure the person has a continuous feeling that they’re part of your organisation’
About The Guest, Adrian McDonagh
Adrian McDonagh founded Hireful in 2005, ran his first workshop in 2009, and has not been seen back at Hireful HQ since. He loves training almost as much as he loves poking around and working out how best to utilise recruitment websites like Indeed, Glassdoor, LinkedIn etc.
Over the past 10 years, he’s trained over 10,000 HR professionals, gathering insights and feedback that he’s repackaged into his own original ideas. At Hireful, Adrian has a bit of a hybrid role where he is involved in management, strategy, product, marketing, training and content production.
When not at work/thinking about work or doing family stuff, you can find Adrian on the tennis court or on his bike.
Adrian McDonagh LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/adrianmcdonagh/?originalSubdomain=uk
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Webinar: Developing a Talent Management Strategy
- Blog: Effective Onboarding: What are the best practices?
- Infographic: The 5 Types of Onboarding
- Onboarding – The Five Types Your Organisation Should Be Doing
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- Podcast Episode 13: Reducing bias in Recruitment with Adrian McDonagh
- Podcast Episode 171: Maximising Impact At Interview – with Jo Irwin
- Podcast Episode 119: Recruitment Essentials – with Katy McMinn
- Podcast Episode 167: Recruiting For Diversity – with Yvonne Smyth of Hays Plc
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel