Lucinda is in conversation with recruitment expert Adrian McDonagh, the founder of EasyWeb Group, who appears today to talk about everything from talent, candidate experience, and practical, innovative ways to manage people and bring them into an organisation.
This Episode: Reducing bias in recruitment with Adrian Mcdonagh of EasyWeb
Adrian is an experienced recruitment specialist who has seen many changes and advances in the recruitment industry. By adapting quickly and pioneering ground-breaking new ways to help companies find and retain the best staff, he has established himself as an invaluable force in improving the HR industry as a whole.
- Most businesses invest heavily in the customer experience, offering different ways and means of wooing them and ensuring they don’t look elsewhere. Candidates often do not receive this same care, and yet they are being equally as discerning these days.
- It’s very important to make sure that new candidates are welcomed and made to feel at home. But it’s equally as important to make sure that the journey continues throughout their employment.
- Congruency, honesty and clarity are an essential part of establishing your company’s “Why?”. What is your reason for existing? Why did you create the business in the first place? Deep analysis will help you push past the soundbites and discover the actual answers to these questions.
- Effective onboarding and candidate experience are huge competitive advantages that not many companies are exploiting. The landscape is extremely fierce, and this is a real chance to stand out.
- Recruitment used to be very expensive and not that specialised. Now it’s very cheap. There are countless ways to reach your ideal candidates and even more ways of making sure that you target specific skills and attributes.
- Much of the reasons behind a fade in candidates’ energy and drive in a company is usually because a company has over-promised or been dishonest about the role. Signing on to one job and realising that you are performing another can lead to disillusionment and discouragement.
- Adrian believes the time is coming for the reinvention of the CV. Removing elements such as educational experience, religion, names and addresses, will cause recruiters to focus completely on skills, and bypass any bias, conscious or unconscious, that they may have.
- ‘I was proving the concept of “Any idiot can run a recruitment business”, and I was trying to disprove that theory’
- ‘How can we make sure that touchpoint is maximised?’
- ‘We want to help everyday organisations to compete against the biggest and best recruiters in the marketplace’
- ‘We tell our story. People believe our story. We’re honest’
- ‘It’s not about a competitive advantage. It’s about fairness and opportunity’
- Adrian McDonagh on LinkedIn
- EasyWeb Group
- Simon Sinek TedTalk
- You can access additional free HR Resources via the Actus Software website link below. Lucinda Carney is the founder and CEO of Actus Software: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Other HR Uprising Podcast Episodes: https://hruprising.com/hr-podcasts/
About The Guest
Adrian McDonagh founded EasyWeb in 2005, ran his first workshop in 2009, and has not been seen back at EasyWeb HQ since. Seriously though, Adrian loves training almost as much as he loves poking around and working out how best to utilise recruitment websites like Indeed, Glassdoor, LinkedIn etc.
Over the past 10 years, he’s trained over 10,000 HR professionals, gathering insights and feedback that he’s repackaged into his own original ideas.
He would love to write a book on recruitment but struggles to write a daily update to his LinkedIn followers
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. It was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“When we look up we rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising