This Episode: Rebranding HR – with Ron Meyer
Ron Meyer is Professor of Strategic Leadership at Tias School for Business & Society, Tilburg University & Antwerp Management School, University of Antwerp, and is dedicated to improving companies’ competences in the areas of strategic thinking, leadership, entrepreneurship, business innovation and change management.
Ron joins Lucinda to discuss the ways in which HR can act as strategic leaders, but also how they may enable leadership within their organisations.
- Most managers are business savvy, but organisationally naive. They understand the business, the customers, the product, but no idea how to manage people or how to facilitate their organisation efficiently.
- We assign people to management positions, but we grow leadership on an informal level. You can’t just prescribe leadership – it has to be lived.
- It’s always good to ask fresh questions. Organisations can only grow is we question the way things work, and ask if they can be improved.
- If something feels uncomfortable, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t fit you. It just means that you need to learn that skill until it does become comfortable.
Best Moments from ‘Rebranding HR – with Ron Meyer‘
‘What organisations really need are those who take ownership of organisations and people’
‘Organisation is structure, but it’s also systemisation’
‘Leadership is most informal’
‘Don’t underestimate the importance of your brand’
About The Guest, Ron Meyer
Ron Meyer is managing director of the Centre for Strategy & Leadership, an international consulting and management development organization, dedicated to improving companies’ competences in the areas of strategic thinking, leadership, entrepreneurship, business innovation and change management. Ron is also Professor of Strategic Leadership at Tias School for Business & Society, Tilburg University, where he conducts research in the areas of strategy and leadership, and teaches in a variety of post-experience educational programs. He has (co-)authored numerous articles and books, among which the internationally leading textbook on strategic management, Strategy – Process, Content, Context: An International Perspective.
Ron Meyer LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/ronmeyer/?originalSubdomain=nl
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
How To Be A Change Superhero – by Lucinda Carney
- Panel Webinar: Addressing HR Challenges in a Hybrid Workplace (Q&A)
- Blog: Why is HR putting their own wellbeing last?
- Webinar: Building an HR Balanced Scorecard
- Infographic: Building an HR/Learning and Development Strategy
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- Podcast Episode 150: HR Insights For 2022 – with Linda Holbeche
- The ‘HR’s Role In’ Podcast Series
- Podcast Episode 97: HR Life – with Lizzie Henson, HR Ninja’s Founder
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel