This Episode: HR Life – with Lizzie Henson, HR Ninja’s Founder
This week, Lucinda talks to Lizzie Henson – HR Ninjas founder and HR specialist. They talk about HR life and her journey through the sector. Listen now and discover how she started, and how she has helped to empower and support so many others along their own HR journeys.
- Certainly, finding our ideal career is not a case of necessarily beginning in that career. Indeed, sometimes we must try different paths until we arrive at the one best suited for us.
- Furthermore, change and variety are the factors that keep us alert, agile and interested in the jobs we perform. However, without them, we can tend to stagnate and seek new pastures.
- Indeed, finding the correct balance between work life and our aspirational personal lives is everything. There’s no sense in waiting until retirement in order to achieve the dreams of our youth.
- The COVID situation caused everybody in the HR community to lean in together for support and guidance through these new and also unprecedented territories of the workplace. Therefore, this has led to a far greater sense of collaboration between all pursuits.
‘You’ve got to be strong and independent’
‘I like to have fun. That’s the main driver’
‘I’ve never really had a grand plan in life, and I’m really comfortable with that’
‘As HR people we naturally want to have the answers because we want to help people and reassure people’
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Virtual Training:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- How to Prioritise Self-Care (The HR Uprising)
- Latest Performance Management Blog
ABOUT THE GUEST
Lizzie Henson is an HR lifer, lover of prosecco and the great outdoors. Some of you may already know Lizzie as she is the founder of The HR Ninjas community. Indeed, Lizzie knows HR inside out and back to front, and after having spent 20+ years in corporate HR roles for big names such as Boots, Eon and L’Oréal she set up as an independent HR Consultant in 2018 with the launch of her own business ‘Henfield Consulting ltd’. So now, alongside the running of the Facebook community and being mum to her four kids and partner to Paul, Lizzie works with small and medium sized businesses on all things people change and transformation.
Lizzie is passionate about bringing HR folks together to share stories, learnings and for support #strongertogether The HR Ninjas is fast-becoming the number one gathering place for the HR tribe on social media and the group recently celebrated it’s 10,000th member. If you work in HR and want to get involved you can find the group over on Facebook
Lizzie Henson Twitter – https://twitter.com/hrninjas?lang=en
Lizzie Henson LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/liz-h-24955b26/
HR Ninjas Social Accounts
Twitter – https://www.thehrninjas.co.uk
LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-hr-ninjas/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/groups/519154558464892/
ABOUT THE HOST
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. It was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the LinkedIn community – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising