‘HR systems are only as unbiased as the people building them’
This week, Lucinda is in conversation with Juliet Eccleston, the founder and CEO of AnyGood? which is a revolutionary crowdsourcing talent system designed to make hiring talent much easier and more valuable. It is a cloud-based referral platform that anyone can use to nurture a growing network of professionals, who each recommend others for roles.
This Episode: Crowdsourcing Talent with Juliet Eccleston of AnyGood?
AnyGood? was built out of the frustrations Juliet faced in terms of candidate quality, suitability, and the costs of recruiting services. To make this process entirely more agreeable and effective, Juliet went from HR customer to HR pioneer. She discusses her career transformation, as well as the many ways in which her own experiences with hiring are now transforming the landscape of the HR industry.
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Actus Software resources particularly relevant to this podcast:
- Other HR Uprising Podcast Episodes: https://hruprising.com/hr-podcasts/
- The best source of hires was always through personal recommendations, but there was no way to make it scaleable. That was until Juliet began to develop AnyGood?
- When there’s an intermediary in the process, it can be hard for both sides to establish trust, as the motivations of the intermediary are often questioned. Are their motivations due to money? Targets? By simply introducing a candidate to a client, it enables a much more trusted conversation.
- Juliet’s pool of talent is huge and ever-expanding due to its organic nature. It is drawn from the personal knowledge of its ever growing users, and their list of connections is significantly larger and more diverse than most traditional systems.
- Independent research discovered that only 10% of companies have faith in HR agencies’ abilities to deliver suitable candidates for roles. A further 90% expressed their dissatisfaction with the algorithms used by agencies to find them the best candidate.
- Using a platform for Crowdsourcing talent can b a helpful way of supplementing other recruitment options.
- The AnyGood? system is very much built on the quality of the recommendation, and influenced by the result, which can be rated and reviewed by its users.
- Equal representation of all sources of talent is a key principle for AnyGood? and Juliet devotes a lot of time personally meeting with groups who may not have as much of a voice in the workplace, and helping with their applying for roles and their process of recruitment.
- The time saved by Juliet’s system really is designed to save companies time which can then be devoted and redistributed into other areas.
- ‘It’s quite different for agencies to tap into different talent pools’
- ‘I wanted to make sure that my thoughts around what was needed in recruitment were not just my thoughts’
- ‘HR systems are only as unbiased as the people building them’
- ’There needs to be some level of friction in the process for people to trust it’
- ’Good HR tech should save us admin time’
About The Guest
Juliet is CEO and co-founder of the crowdsourced talent platform AnyGood?, a diverse network of professionals who recommend other professionals for roles. Juliet’s background is in delivering large scale technology change programmes.
After 20 years building high performing teams, Juliet’s frustration with the process for hiring talent drove her to develop an alternative. AnyGood? launched in 2017 and now works with companies such as Aviva, Sony, EasyJet, Whitbread as well as SME’s and start-ups.
Contact Juliet Eccleston:
- Anygood Links:
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. It was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“When we look up we rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising