This Episode: Talent Acquisition for SME’s – with Miles Bonell
Lucinda is joined by Miles Bonell founder of miloHR to discuss how to create a winning talent culture or acquisition strategy, with a focus on small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
They emphasise the importance of understanding and aligning with the company’s culture, being honest with candidates about the current state of the business, and setting clear expectations. They also explore the role of technology, such as applicant tracking systems (ATS), in automating processes and improving efficiency.
- Understanding and aligning the company culture is crucial for creating a winning talent acquisition strategy.
- Utilising technology, such as applicant tracking systems (ATS), can automate processes and save time in recruitment.
- Job boards like Indeed and LinkedIn can be effective for attracting candidates, but it’s important to track the return on investment and consider niche job websites for specific industries.
- Creating killer questions and using video technology can help sift through candidates more efficiently.
“I think the foundation for a good recruitment process is looking at what’s happening in-house with your teams in terms of the culture, how you’re retaining your staff, how your employees feel.”
“Different candidates align to different types of roles. If you know that your culture isn’t exactly where it needs to be, then you need to find someone that’s going to come in and help change that culture.”
“The real role of a job description is so that the candidate can understand exactly what’s good looks like for their role, what they’re measured against in terms of the kind of performance indicators.”
“AI is really supporting with automation around how candidates apply and how businesses can deliver talent acquisition.”
Find out more about Actus solutions:
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- HR Uprising Mastermind – https://hruprising.com/mastermind/
- New Info-book: Rethinking Performance Appraisals
If you liked this episode, try these
- Podcast Episode 111: Talent and Succession Management
- Podcast Episode 13: Reducing bias in Recruitment with Adrian McDonagh
About The Guest, Miles Bonell
Miles Bonell founder of miloHR, a HR consultancy and a strategic partner in HR and TA innovation. Miles is also Head of Talent Acquisition for Diaverum. A multi-national, Swedish-born, healthcare organisation.
Milo is driven by the mission to revolutionise TA for SMEs. With experience from global giants like Amazon, he has honed his expertise in integrating smart automisation in talent acquisition and streamlining HR processes.
Talent acquisition is Mile’s passion, creating strategies, improving processes and delivering against operational needs. He has covered the full HR spectrum during his career, from managing high performing teams, delivering restructures, implementing new HR systems etc.
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda, for over 10 years as CEO of Actus Software has worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel