This Episode: 5 Talent Management Strategies For A Hybrid World
This week, Lucinda discusses five talent management strategies for a hybrid world in a special show delivered originally as a highly successful webinar, including such topics as why hybrid working could pose a risk when it comes to engagement, and the practical ways you can use to support your business by being more alert to these needs.
- If we focus upon talent as an attribute that everyone possesses in some way, then we make our organisations far more resilient, and help to secure its future.
- We can make our organisations more attractive in terms of culture by examining geographic flexibility, looking at collaborative culture, looking at management style, visibility of skills and career development pathways.
- 88% of people who worked at home during lockdown want to maintain this in some capacity, and wish to do so in a way that suits them, not the managers. This is why managers must engage in a dialogue to find a happy medium.
- We should seek to found a charter regarding our principles when it comes to flexibility. This will serve to add a more structured approach, and cause less ad-hoc arrangements, meaning that expectations across the board can be more standardised.
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- The HR Uprising ranked 9th in Feedspot’s ‘Top 30 UK HR Podcasts You Must Follow in 2021’.
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources:
- All free resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand e-learning platform!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- HR’s Role In episodes:
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
‘Talent depends on business needs’
‘We have to be more alert to making our organisation as attractive as possible in terms of culture’
‘People want to have a work life balance’
‘People should have clarity about what they’re entitled to’
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel