This Episode: Practical Persuasion Strategies
In this episode, Lucinda continues on the topic of communication, through analysing the ways in which we can be more persuasive and therefore able to channel our “inner sales person”. Indeed, by doing so, we can make positive, necessary changes to our workplaces and teams. Let’s discover the practical persuasion strategies to influence change in our organisations.
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- The Principles Of Persuasion by Dr Cialdini
- Patrick Lencioni on motivation
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Actus Software resources particularly relevant to this podcast:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- In-house Training: Virtual Change Superhero Training
- E-Learning: Actus Academy Change Management Course
- You may also be interested in this HR Uprising Podcast: Practical Wellbeing Strategies
- Listen to the HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- Certainly, people who are more successful in persuasion, are the ones who understand what motivates us. It is by tapping into these motivations, as well as through the use of selected language, that we can gently focus others onto new objectives.
- Authority must always be seen as credible, but not overbearing. Indeed, human beings do not like feeling as though change is being forced upon them by a higher power.
- We are growing ever more influenced by our peers, as well as being influenced by the opinions of those we consider to be similar to ourselves. Certainly, utilising social persuasion is an incredibly powerful tool.
- Above all, rapport must be authentic. We cannot hope to create a relationship through the use of artificial means. By doing so, we appear as manipulative. Furthermore, people instinctually react against this feeling.
- ’This is really about the colour of our communication, in terms of language’
- ‘We should be choosing an authority that is relevant to that audience’
- ‘You need to explore what “good” looks like for both parties’
- ‘Manipulation has the opposite effect’
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“When we look up we rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel