This Episode: Uplevelling Wellbeing – with Dr Neha Sangwan
Lucinda welcomes Dr. Neha Sangwan, an engineer turned medical doctor and executive coach, who specialises in addressing the global epidemic of burnout and shares her insights on wellbeing and avoiding burnout on a grand scale.
Dr Sangwan discusses her personal experience with burnout as a doctor and the lack of awareness and training in the medical field, emphasising the importance of self-awareness and listening to our bodies’ signals to prevent burnout. She also highlights the six drivers of personal and organisational fit that contribute to burnout and offers strategies for creating a culture of wellbeing in the workplace.
- Recognising the early signs of burnout is crucial in preventing it from escalating into a crisis.
- It is important to prioritise self-care and listen to the signals our bodies are sending us.
- Workload, control, recognition, community, fairness, and meaning are the six drivers that determine personal and organisational fit and can contribute to burnout if not addressed.
- Creating a culture of trust, transparency, and collaboration is essential in promoting wellbeing and preventing burnout.
- Individual wellbeing is interconnected with organisational wellbeing, and both should be addressed to create a healthier work environment.
“What I am proposing is in parallel to the crisis management, that we also use this as a wake up call to ask them, What strategies have you been using that you’ve outgrown that are no longer useful for you?”
“Your body’s talking. The question is, are you listening?”
“If you want to solve it and you want to up level how you function, you have to get to the root cause of where you’re having a net gain or a net drain of energy on a physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual level.”
“We’re a world looking for trust again, in ourselves and in each other. And if leadership is not modelling this, and that’s why you got to make it safe.”
Find out more about Actus solutions:
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- HR Uprising Mastermind – https://hruprising.com/mastermind/
- New Info-book: Rethinking Performance Appraisals
If you liked this episode, try these
- Podcast Episode 107: Belonging At Work – with Aoife O’Brien
- Podcast Episode 122: The Wellbeing Protocol – with Dr Georgi Toma
About The Guest, Dr Neha Sangwan
Dr. Sangwan, CEO and founder of Intuitive Intelligence, is an internal medicine physician, international speaker and corporate communication expert.
Her private practice and corporate consulting focuses on empowering individuals, organizational leaders, and their teams with the tools for clear, effective communication. She addresses the root cause of stress, miscommunication, and interpersonal conflict, often healing chronic conditions such as headaches, insomnia, anxiety, and depression.
In late 2023, Nehan published her book, ‘Powered by Me: From Burned Out to Fully Charged at Work and in Life’. In this book, Dr. Sangwan explains in simple terms the overwhelming experience of burnout, and offers an awareness prescription that helps you determine on which of the five levels―physical, mental, emotional, social, or spiritual―burnout is occurring for you
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda, for over 10 years as CEO of Actus Software has worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel