This Episode: Wellbeing Strategies – with Gethin Nadin
Lucinda welcomes Gethin Nadin, an expert in workplace wellbeing, to discuss the current state of wellbeing strategies in organisations and the need for a more holistic approach.
Gethin shares insights from his research and emphasises the importance of organisational culture and personal responsibility in promoting wellbeing. They also delve into the impact of AI on well-being and productivity in the workplace.
- Wellbeing strategies should focus on inclusivity and organisational structure, rather than solely relying on purchasing wellbeing platforms or tools.
- Low-intensity wellbeing interventions, such as providing skills and education to support a healthier lifestyle, can have a significant impact on overall wellbeing.
- Organisations should prioritise creating a culture of wellbeing and personal responsibility, where employees are encouraged to take care of their wellbeing for both personal and business success.
- AI technology can play a role in removing administrative tasks and providing personalised support, but it should be used in a way that enhances the human experience at work, rather than diminishing it.
“The pandemic was clearly a watershed moment for wellbeing.”
“I think the more we talk about mental health, we risk normalising it too much.”
“The more you can help somebody deal with what’s going on in life, the better they will bring that great stuff to work”
“I think we need to have more vulnerability at management level.”
Find out more about Actus solutions:
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- HR Uprising Mastermind – https://hruprising.com/mastermind/
- New Info-book: Rethinking Performance Appraisals
If you liked this episode, try these
- Podcast Episode 195: Positive Intelligence – with Gemma Rabbini
- Podcast Episode 192: Nourishing HR – with Katherine Horstmann
About The Guest, Gethin Nadin
Gethin is an award-winning psychologist who has been helping some of the world’s largest organisations to improve their employee experience and wellbeing for more than two decades. In 2023 he was named as the world’s most influential HR thinker.
As a frequent writer and speaker on employee experience and employee wellbeing, Gethin has been featured in Forbes, The Guardian, The Huffington Post and The Financial Times as well as all major HR, Reward and Pensions publications.
In late 2022, Gethin published his third book, ‘A Work In Progress: Unlocking Wellbeing to Create More Sustainable and Resilient Organisations’ which reached the top of the UK bestseller list on its day of release.
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda, for over 10 years as CEO of Actus Software has worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel