This Episode: Nourishing HR – with Katherine Horstmann
This week, Lucinda is joined by wellness and nutrition specialist Katherine Horstmann, to talk about the most effective ways that we can focus upon our personal wellbeing, and subsequently apply this to the people in our care as HR professionals.
- Wellbeing and wellness should be staples of the HR conversation, instead of something we need to fight for.
- The evidence between the things we eat and their effect upon our long term health, mood, and wellbeing is becoming more and more compelling.
- Food at the desk is in its best form as a smoothie. By pre-preparing these we can ensure that we’re getting the optimal amount of vegetables and nutrients in our daily intake.
- The food education we’ve been given across the years has largely been debunked, Fat does not make us fat – foods such as avocados are nutritionally beneficial, despite the large amount of calories they contain.
Best Moments from ‘Nourishing HR – with Katherine Horstmann‘
‘The conversation needs to be more about why we wouldn’t want this on our HR agenda’
‘The link between the food we eat and our mood is compelling’
‘We have to get to the root cause’
‘A lot of my job is undoing the education that we’ve had’
- Previous Webinar: Supporting Employee Wellbeing through Change
- Practical Wellbeing Resources
- New Info-book: Rethinking Performance Appraisals
- New Resource: Actus Survey Directory
- Resource: The Actus 360 Question Directory
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- Wellbeing Podcast Category
- Podcast Episode 122: The Wellbeing Protocol – with Dr Georgi Toma
- Podcast Episode 64: Breaking The Stigma of Mental Health – with Andy Salkeld
About The Guest, Katherine Horstmann
Katherine is a Registered Nutritional Therapist and practices out of her clinic in South Cambridgeshire as well as virtually via Zoom. She specialises in helping Mums who are struggling with depression, anxiety, low mood or general overwhelm to help them remember what good feels like.
Katherine believes strongly that wellness is so much more than the absence of illness and she uses a functional medicine approach to get the root cause of symptoms using a combination of personal experience, tailored nutritional and lifestyle strategies. She takes a very holistic and individualised approach that recognises every woman’s unique differences.
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel