This Episode: Time To Revisit Engagement
Lucinda talks once more about engagement in light of the state of the global workforce and working methodologies being adopted globally. It’s time to revisit engagement!
- Engagement is undeniably a leading indicator of productivity, profitability, health and safety issues, customer satisfaction and overall people happiness.
- Global engagement levels are at 23%. European engagement levels are at 13%, and the UK (33rd in the list) have 10% engagement.
- It’s hard to be engaged when you’re feeling high levels of stress. With the current financial hardships and the cost of living crisis, it can be almost impossible not to bring those worries to the workplace.
- Remote working will have played a part in the lessening of engagement with each other. They are becoming more insular and isolated, leading to sense of not belonging to an organisation.
Best Moments from ‘Time To Revisit Engagement‘
‘The reality is that there’s a lot of disengagement out there’
‘People have a huge number of external stress factors’
‘Actual employee engagement in terms of interactions and good practice are less likely to cause a problem’
Get your copy of How To Be A Change Superhero by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employee Engagement Resources Flyer
- Blog: Internal mobility – the answer to employee engagement for 2023?
- Blog: Driving Employee Engagement through a positive working culture
- New Info-book: Rethinking Performance Appraisals
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- Podcast Episode 158: Engagement Strategies For A Hybrid World
- Podcast Episode 104: Employee Engagement In A Virtual World
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel