This Episode: Employee Engagement In A Virtual World
This week, Lucinda talks about the impact of remote working, and how we can best gauge the engagement of our people when they are working in a virtual environment.
- Engagement is talked about as an outcome, while sometimes it is regarded as a process. Indeed, engagement should be determined by our personal emotional engagement to our roles, or by work engagement – the vigour towards our work.
- It is hard to tell whether engagement drives performance, or whether being good at our jobs drives employee engagement.
- It is worth understanding why engagement happens, because if we do comprehend this, we are more likely to know why certain people work in certain roles.
- Certainly, if people’s wellbeing is declining, it is far more difficult to be engaged. This has become especially true and prevalent over the course of the past year.
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- The HR Uprising 100th episode!
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand learning platform!
- The Internal Mobility Report: Drive Employee Engagement in 2021
- Whitepaper: What is Employee Engagement?
- Enter the HR Uprising Competition!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
‘There are quite a few definitions, and I think that’s why it’s become such a buzzword’
‘If we’re more engaged, we will perform better at our role’
‘Engagement is the antithesis of burnout’
‘Be alert to people’s mental state and levels of resilience’
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel