This Episode: Leading with EQ – with Dr Robert Hernandez
This week, Lucinda is joined by licensed psychologist and emotional intelligence specialist, Dr Robert Hernandez, to talk about emotional intelligence, and how by placing it at the forefront of development, we can help to shape future leaders.
- Emotional intelligence is the art of being aware of data or information in which emotions arise. Emotions come from the unconscious – emotional intelligence dictates how we use that emotion.
- Interpersonal skills are a huge part of emotional intelligence. We must begin with self awareness and then focus on self expression, looking for ways to express in ways that are helpful and constructive.
- With the rise of AI in the workplace, we must re-evaluate what makes us human. One of the main aspects is the way in which we react to emotions and allow them to guide and lead us in our day-to-day actions.
- A common misconception is that all leaders must be extroverted and charismatic, but this isn’t always the case. Charisma and extroversion are certainly qualities that help, but it’s far more constructive to build a leadership persona that helps us to adapt, so long as it is authentic.
Best Moments from ‘Leading with EQ – with Dr Robert Hernandez‘
‘Our focus is on new leaders, and developing that emotional intelligence’
‘I view emotions as something that comes up from the unconscious’
‘Leadership doesn’t happen in a vacuum’
‘Emotional intelligence is very much based on the moment’
- New Info-book: Rethinking Performance Appraisals
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
About The Guest, Dr Robert Hernandez
Dr. RB Hernandez is a highly sought-after leadership development expert with over 15 years of experience in the field. His unique approach to training and development has helped countless individuals reach their professional and personal goals.
Dr. RB is known for his engaging style, which challenges participants to push themselves further than they ever thought possible. He brings his excitement and passion for growth to every seminar and training he delivers, helping participants achieve mastery in marketing, sales, and management.
As the president of Infuens, Dr. RB has spent more than a decade helping emerging and seasoned leaders reach their full potential. His work has supported the development of leaders at a varied client base such as Dover Corporation, Tripadvisor, Sanofi-Genzyme, Markem-Imaje, SSargent Aerospace and Defense to name a few.
When not engaged in developing leaders, Dr. RB is a Galician-Cuban-American Soul carried within a farmer’s heart who is bicontinental sharing his time between Miami, and Northern Spain.
- Dr Robert Hernandez LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-robert-hernandez
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel