Neuro-Linguistic programming (NLP) is the practice where users can connect neurological processes to linguistic processes through behaviour, and subsequently use this “programming” to achieve specific goals.
This Episode: Neuro-Linguistic Programming Masterclass – with Fran Trousdale
Fran Trousdale is one of the finest practitioners of Neuro-Linguistic programming (NLP) in the HR industry. Furthermore, by using her knowledge of the system, she has been able to revolutionise her approach to create effective, and long-lasting HR systems.
In this episode, Fran certainly delivers a powerful, practical masterclass in NLP, and demonstrates the many ways in which it can revitalise and empower your workforce.
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software. Find additional free HR Resources here: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- How to Prioritise Self-Care (The HR Uprising)
- How To Be A Change Superhero – by Lucinda Carney
- HR Uprising Mastermind – https://hruprising.com/mastermind/
- Without doubt, the use of NLP techniques in every moment of life can help to subconsciously and consciously develop our communication and interaction skills. In HR, it can serve to provide certainty across many outcomes.
- Above all, the basis for NLP in HR is to always begin by examining the intent behind the purpose. We need to visualise the positive result, or the win-win. Apply the techniques of NLP to achieve it!
- Certainly, too many HR professionals seek to cure the symptoms of a problem. However, we should focus on the root cause. This creates lasting change that will prevent future symptoms from appearing.
- Simple alterations such as the word “and” instead of “but” during feedback, can charge your comments with positivity instead of negativity.
- Reframing is the process of taking your subject outside of their current perspective and allowing them to see the many positive outcomes without remaining emotionally involved.
- ‘‘It’s good to remember that there’s always a person at the end of the process’“
- ’NLP is how we use the mind’s own language to create more consistent, positive results’
- ‘‘If everyone sees the bigger picture, then it allows everybody to engage with the process’
- ‘You’re either someone who makes life happen, or you’re somebody that life happens to’
About The Guest
Fran Trousdale works at both strategic and operational levels. She provides coaching and support to senior and middle management to apply the right solution, at the right time whilst ensuring consistency and objectivity. In addition, Fran offers commercial verses legal compliance-based solutions depending on the employer’s appetite and value system.
Experienced in managing change projects of up to £18m, Fran is certainly output-driven and results orientated. Moreover, Fran applies realistic and pragmatic solutions whilst allowing individuals to feel supported and listened to. She can positively wrap the most difficult of messages without undermining the employment relationship as well as assisting managers and employees to understand how they can remove any impasse; all whilst encouraging individuals to learn and laugh.
Furthermore, Fran has over 20 years’ experience of working within public, private, manufacturing, medical & service sectors. The past 15 years has involved working at HR and senior management level. Her no-nonsense and proactive approach is described as refreshing and innovative by managers, employees, and union representatives with whom she engages.
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. It was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“When we look up we rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel