This Episode: Pay Transparency: Incentives – with Rameez Kaleem
This week, Lucinda talks to Rameez Kaleem, the founder of 3R Strategy, and one of the country’s most respected voices in equal pay, career and pay progression, about pay transparency, – why it is often misunderstood and the incentives surrounding it.
- Pay transparency, especially in the media, is often discusses in binary terms. It is usually very secretive, or talked about explicitly. Furthermore, real pay transparency is about giving people context.
- Certainly, pay transparency should be built upon explanations of why pay grades are issued in their form, and effectively communicating this to employees.
- Indeed, by being transparent, we build trust with our employees, as we demonstrate we have nothing to hide. It also allows us to be challenged on operations, adding to that trust.
- Reward principles are factors by which we can audit the ways in which we pay and reward. Also, the way to formulate these, is to consider where we are as an organisation, and how do we manage.
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- The HR Uprising ranked 9th in Feedspot’s ‘Top 30 UK HR Podcasts You Must Follow in 2021’.
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources:
- All free resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- NEW infographic: 10 Steps to Creating a Successful Hybrid Workplace
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand e-learning platform!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- Book: How To Be A Change Superhero – by Lucinda Carney
- Free Change Toolkit: www.changesuperhero.com
- HR’s Role In episodes:
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
‘Pay transparency is really misunderstood’
‘Transparency and equity and fairness are different things’
‘Are we communicating as much as we can?’
‘In the workplace, there isn’t a balance of intrinsic motivation. People come to work and we can drive that intrinsic motivation’
About The Guest, Rameez Kaleem
Rameez Kaleem has worked in reward for 20 years, initially as a consultant at Willis Towers Watson and then a number of in-house reward roles. He likes to take a collaborative approach to reward, working with clients, listening to their needs and working together to introduce a fair and equitable approach to reward.
Lastly, in 2015, he founded 3R Strategy with the vision of enabling organisations to be fair and transparent with how they manage pay.
- Rameez Kaleem LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/rameezkaleem/?originalSubdomain=uk
- Website – https://3r-strategy.com/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/3rstrategy
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel