This Episode: Financial Wellbeing – with Phill Holdsworth
Lucinda talks to Phill Holdsworth of Aurun Gold Ltd, who are dedicated to taking the anxiety out of money, about financial wellbeing – how it’s becoming even more of a concern with the recent rise is the cost of living, and what we can do to improve things for our people so as to best ensure that they do not have to bring their anxieties to the workplace.
- Wellbeing is the holistic view of a person, including physical, mental and financial. One always affects the other, and so if something is wrong it can lead to a downturn in productivity and engagement.
- If you do support your workforce with issues surrounding wellbeing, you can increase engagement and loyalty by caring for financial wellbeing. This also prevents the revolving door syndrome.
- If people aren’t facing up to their financial obligations or struggling against the rising costs, we can’t take the attitude that it’s necessarily their fault, or that they are lacking in some way. People simply become overwhelmed.
- Simply raising salaries so as to provide more income does not solve people’s anxieties around money. If they have more money, they will still worry. We need to understand the root psychological cause behind this.
Best Moments from ‘Financial Wellbeing – with Phill Holdsworth ‘
‘If you think about true wellbeing, then you’re thinking about the whole person’
‘We are responsible for reward’
‘People think that money will solve all their problems’
‘Why is it that somebody who doesn’t need to worry about money, worries?’
- New Info-book: Rethinking Performance Appraisals
- Resource: Actus Survey Directory
- Resource: The Actus 360 Question Directory
- Previous Webinar: Supporting Employee Wellbeing through Change
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- Our new ‘How to…’ Series
- Podcast Episode 172: Helping With The Cost Of Living Crisis – with Charles Cotton CIPD
- Podcast Episode 122: The Wellbeing Protocol – with Dr Georgi Toma
About The Guest, Phill Holdsworth
Phill Holdsworth is a Multi Award Winning Money Psychologist and Financial Wellbeing Professional. He helps businesses improve the financial wellbeing of their employees. His work has been influenced by both personal experience and by 20 plus years in the finance sector.
Useful links mentioned by Phill in podcast episode:
- Stepchange – https://www.stepchange.org/
- National Debtline – https://nationaldebtline.org/
- Christians Against Poverty – https://capuk.org/
- Citizens Advice – https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel