This Episode: Virtual People & Performance Management
Certainly, this year we have seen the world suddenly have to switch to remote working. As People Managers, this presented a whole new set of concerns and challenges. Consequently, we must now adopt good virtual people and performance management practices. Not easy!
In light of this, we are introducing a brand-new series on Virtual People & Performance Management. This comes as an 8-part short series every Wednesday in addition to our regular HR Uprising Podcasts.
In this week’s show, Lucinda gives an overview of what you should expect to learn. Indeed, how you can apply these lessons to the virtual and non-virtual world. Furthermore, how this series of short Podcasts will help you by utilising her PERFORM Model. This is your People Management 101!
- Virtual Management Training Course
- Virtual Management Podcast Short Series Playlist
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- The host of the HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, and author of the best-selling book ‘How to be a Change Superhero’.
- Actus Software resources particularly relevant to this podcast:
- Furthermore, you can find additional free HR Resources on the Actus Website: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Change Superhero Resources
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- Latest Performance Management Blog
- The Institute of Learning & Management reported that nearly 70% of businesses felt that their managers were not skilled to manage people effectively. However, only 33% of them invested in training.
- How do we basically flip our management style which may have been habitually based on informal communication, often in the office, to a different type of communication of virtual people management style?
- Certainly, the day to day people management can force us into quite a transactional way of interacting with people. Crucially, this transactional relationship is not the same as one of trust.
- Without doubt, the importance of trust, as a people manager, cannot be underestimated. Indeed, one of our recent webinars on performance and trust proved that 80% of respondents felt that a high trust environment directly corresponded to high productivity.
- Furthermore, we must ensure people feel connected in their organisation. Without that feeling of connection, your talent retention strategy is compromised.
- Nowadays, in a virtual world, things are moving so quickly. Results from our recent surveys prove that one of the biggest development areas HR rated for their line managers, was the ability to set clear expectations. Consequently, we need the ability to make our expectations agile and easily updated to ensure people remain focused.
- ‘Managing people is one of the most rewarding and most challenging jobs you can do’
- ‘The world is now a hybrid virtual working environment. Consequently, as People Managers we are challenged more than ever before’
- ‘Prioritise people first, by being human centric, building trust with your people and knowing them as individuals’
- ‘We must focus on how we can help people to grow and develop in a virtual world’
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“When we look up we rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel