This Episode: Transforming Relationships At Work – with Yvonne Guerineau
Lucinda is joined by author and personal growth expert, Yvonne Guerineau to explore the topic of building positive working relationships in the workplace. Yvonne, an HR professional and author of the book “People in Their Element: How to Create Positive Working Relationships,” shares her expertise on the concept of a growth mindset in relationships, breaking away from cultural patterns, and the role of leaders in shaping team dynamics.
- Believe that positive working relationships can be developed and improved, and focus on finding ways to make it happen rather than assuming it’s impossible.
- Recognise the importance of relationships: Understand that building strong relationships is not a soft skill, but a hard skill that has a significant impact on performance, engagement, productivity, attendance, mental health, and overall well-being.
- Take deliberate actions to bring people together, whether it’s through face-to-face interactions or virtual meetings. Create opportunities for open and meaningful conversations to foster connection and understanding.
- Be aware of existing cultural patterns within a team or organisation that may hinder positive relationships. Question why certain behaviours or practices are in place and challenge them if they don’t make logical sense or align with the desired outcomes
Best Moments from Transforming Relationships At Work – with Yvonne Guerineau
“I think the key is to find ways to bring people together.”
“Growth mindset essentially is if I believe something, it changes how I therefore behave and therefore affects my outcomes.”
“If you’re naturally quite talkative and you seek out company, it’s easy to call someone up and to arrange to talk and keep that relationship moving.”
“It’s about long term healthy relationships, which is what makes work worth doing and, you know, and fun and those things.”
Find out more about Actus 360 Feedback solutions:
- Blog Driving Employee Engagement through a positive working culture
- Employee Engagement Resources
- New Info-book: Rethinking Performance Appraisals
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- Podcast Episode 53: Neuro-Linguistic Programming Masterclass with Fran Trousdale
- Podcast Episode 197: Closing The Influence Gap with Carla Miller
About The Guest, This Episode: Yvonne Guerineau
Yvonne is a personal growth and deeper connection enthusiast who believes that positive and rewarding working relationships are fundamental to happiness, wellbeing, and success at work and that we all deserve to know how to create them. She works with business leaders helping them to strengthen interpersonal relationships in their teams so that they can reap the performance and wellbeing rewards that this offers.
Yvonne believes in going deep and getting to the heart of people and their working relationships drawing on her 20 years in human resources, her psychology degree, coaching training, and experience of working with a variety of personality profiling tools to find just the right balance between challenge and support. She encourages individuals to take ownership, lean into discomfort, and experience the personal growth and positive relationships they deserve.
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel