This Episode: Demystifying Learning And Development – with Michelle Parry-Slater
Lucinda talks to Michelle Parry-Slater, an award-winning learning and development professional with more than 15 years experience in the field, and one of the foremost authorities on how to grow and develop teams and people.
Furthermore, Michelle discusses the ways in which we can demystify L&D by opening it up, allowing our people to embrace and support learning strategies that will invaluably boost their skill-sets.
- The main learning philosophy is about making it more accessible and also making it available as people need it. Indeed, this is the core principle that the CIPD try to implement.
- Certainly, it’s not helpful to have separate L&D strategies and business strategies. Thus, L&D should serve the needs of the business. Also, look for the thing that your business is aiming for.
- Furthermore, the language of our Learning and Development strategy must match the language of the strategical aim of the business. We must try to align with the frame of mind needed in order to achieve our aims.
- Certainly, we must consider the ways in which we allow people to learn, and also if the ways at hand suit our people, but also suit the business and drivers we have within our organisations.
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- The HR Uprising 100th episode!
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand learning platform!
- Latest Performance Management Blog
- Enter the HR Uprising Competition!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
‘We’re embracing the best of social and digital learning’
‘It’s about helping people in the workplace when they need the learning, as opposed to waiting for a course to come up’
‘Start with your business strategy’
‘These foundational building blocks need to be addressed’
About The Guest
Michelle is a senior L&D business strategist and people manager, with proven results. Furthermore, Michelle is a double award-winning workplace learning innovator, recognised on the eLearning Industry’s Movers & Shakers List. Also, Michelle heads up Commercial Learning Content at the Chartered Institute for Personnel & Development. This is following several years running her own L&D consultancy, Kairos Modern Learning.
Moving the People Profession forward working for CIPD, Michelle continues her career mission to drive cultural shift from ‘Injection Education’ traditional courses and embracing the best of digital, social and face to face workplace learning. This is by supporting clients to create effective, efficient, enjoyable and engaging everyday learning in the workflow. Michelle offers a rare mix of learning professional who really ‘gets it’ when it comes to business and strategy.
Connect with Michelle Parry-Slater:
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel