This Episode: How To Build A Learning Pathway – with Teresa Rose
Lucinda is joined by Teresa Rose, an award-winning learning consultant and the founder of Consult Her Ltd, to discuss the most effective ways of building a learning pathway for our organisations – what they are, how to do it, and the most often-seen barriers to engagement.
- Learning experience platforms are all about giving employees a much better consumer-grade experience when it comes to development.
- The utopian vision for these experience platforms is for users to be able to engage with and learn while at work, but we aren’t there yet. There is work to do wen it comes to providing this effectively at the point of need.
- It isn’t just about curating the largest content library, but making sure that the content itself is effective and engaging. Mapping these resources is the biggest part of the challenge.
- The initial building of the library is key, but keeping it up to date and useful is far more beneficial in the long term.
Best Moments from ‘How To Build A Learning Pathway – with Teresa Rose‘
‘How can you build a career pathway when you don’t have a budget?’
‘What you’re looking at is bringing together best-of-breed content from various sources’
‘It’s all very well having an amazing learning experience, but the reality is that it’s simply a large library of content where the quality may differ’
‘What knowledge do we have? How do we capture that knowledge? Where should we hold it?’
Get your copy of How To Be A Change Superhero by emailing at email@example.com
- Learning and Development Resources Flyer
- Blog: The benefits to learning at work
- Blog: 7 ways to create an effective learning culture in a digital world
- New Info-book: Rethinking Performance Appraisals
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- Podcast Episode 101: Demystifying Learning And Development – with Michelle Parry-Slater
- Podcast Episode 83: How To Build A Learning Culture
About The Guest, Teresa Rose
Teresa Rose is an award-winning learning and performance consultant and the founder of ConsultHer Ltd.
With over 15 years’ experience in organisational and people development, Teresa’s career has encompassed everything from program design through to large scale global change and transformation projects, often involving digital learning technologies. Teresa’s client portfolio includes DNV, The World Bank Group, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Glaxo Smith Kline, NHS, Quick Release and University of Cambridge.
She is a chartered member of the CIPD, holds a Masters in HR, and a Post Graduate in Psychology, Organisational Development & Change. Teresa is a fellow of the Learning and Performance Institute (LPI), volunteer for Association of Coaching, and a founding member of Digital Women. Teresa is currently studying ILM Level 7 Business and Executive Coaching and works with a range of trusted partners to deliver results and the best experience for her clients.
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel