This Episode: How to Connect Strategy and Culture – with Sonya Shelton
Sonya Shelton founded Executive Leadership Consulting in 2007 from her passion for partnering with leaders and high achievers to create a clear vision and build work environments where employees are fulfilled and completely committed to their organisation’s success.
Sonya joins Lucinda this week to talk about strategy, culture, and how we can best encourage both in the organisations we lead.
- Many companies use strategy and culture to forge ahead, but focus too heavily on one without balancing the need for both at the same time.
- HR professionals must be very connected with the business leadership to first understand what the underlying strategy is, and what kind of culture needs to be created around that.
- Identifying the purpose and why is a fundamental. In terms of mission, the question becomes how we can deliver on that initial purpose.
- Whenever there is a lack of trust or sense of conflict, always go back to the root – mission and vision – and work out how the conflict can be brought together under those elements.
Best Moments from ‘How to Connect Strategy and Culture – with Sonya Shelton‘
‘How do you as HR professionals connect with your business strategy?’
‘We’re very much the glue in terms of creating a balance’
‘The mission is how we do things externally. The values are how we do those things internally’
‘It’s called vision for a reason. We really need to see it’
Get your copy of How To Be A Change Superhero by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Leader – https://executiveleader.com/sonya-shelton/
- New Info-book: Rethinking Performance Appraisals
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- Podcast Episode 196: Building a Collaborative Culture – with Deb Mashek
- Podcast Episode 69: Diagnosing and Influencing Culture
About The Guest, Sonya Shelton
When it comes to navigating the ins-and-outs of business, Sonya Shelton has seen it all: From successful startups with brand new ideas to well-established Fortune 500 companies. Sonya Shelton founded Executive Leadership Consulting in 2007 from her passion for partnering with leaders and high achievers to create a clear vision and build work environments where employees are fulfilled and completely committed to their organization’s success.
She has captured her leadership tips and success stories in her #1 Amazon bestselling book “You’re an Executive, But Are You a Leader?” Having been an executive as well as an international speaker and consultant, Sonya knows how to tap into lesser-known, hidden practices that drive true leadership. Her philosophy, background and experience add a strategic, pragmatic, and multidimensional approach to making strong leaders. Sonya serves on the Forbes Coaches Council and is a certified Master Corporate Executive Coach through the Association of Corporate Executive Coaches.
Special Gift URL: “How To Create Your Winning Dream Team” Masterclass
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel