This Episode: How To Make Change Stick
Lucinda talks about why it is that users find themselves unable to engage with systems in the long term following change, how to motivate them to want to embrace new ways of working and the processes, roles, and responsibilities you need to embed any kind of new system in the workplace.
- Buy-in is key. Resistance can sometimes arise when people aren’t involved in the formation of the idea itself, which is why we should consider involving people from the outset.
- Change is only ever truly embraced when people do not feel as though change is being done to them, rather than for them.
- When people resist change, it’s purely because they are not motivated enough to change. This might be the case due to their lack of understanding of the bigger picture.
- Many organisations roll out the technical vision and implement a system, then communicate the change in the expectation that it will take effect. What’s required is persistence and the empowering of others.
Best Moments from ‘How to make change stick‘
‘People don’t resist change, they resist being changed’
‘The Three Cs are: Communication, Clarity, Consequence and Consistency’
‘People are busy – how do we actually get them to do these things?’
‘Always start with why’
- Practical Wellbeing Resources
- How to create a positive mental health culture within a hybrid workplace
- New Info-book: Rethinking Performance Appraisals
- Resource: Actus Survey Directory
- Resource: The Actus 360 Question Directory
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- Our new ‘How to…’ Series
- Podcast Episode 174: The Secret Sauce Of Transformational Change – with Ian Ziskin
- Podcast Episode 19 – Delivering Organisational Change
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
Get your copy of How To Be A Change Superhero by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel