This Episode: Managing Misconduct – with Eleanor Manley
Eleanor Manley is the co-founder of Metta Space, and a specialist in helping companies to prevent, report & resolve workplace misconduct.
Eleanor joins Lucinda to discuss the most effective ways of managing misconduct in the workplace – from prevention, to reporting and resolution – and the fascinating role that technology is having in helping to highlight misconduct.
- Women are more likely to resign in most cases, than report a case, meaning that retention plays a huge role in misconduct situations.
- Misconduct is defined as anything including sexual harassment, bullying, discrimination, but also fraud and bribery.
- In the new working world, there is a whole new set of rules and etiquette that may cause people to misunderstand the way we are meant to be operating. This may causes cases where learning moments are required.
- The main aim of resolution is to empower HR to be able to resolve cases before more stringent methods are required.
Best Moments from ‘Managing Misconduct – with Eleanor Manley‘
‘It’s a very broad term’
‘We help companies to define and refine what workplace misconduct means’
‘It isn’t about intent – it’s about impact’
‘Companies have to be prepared’
- Blog: 7 ways to support diversity in your organisation
- New Info-book: Rethinking Performance Appraisals
- New Resource: Actus Survey Directory
- Resource: The Actus 360 Question Directory
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- Podcast Episode 133: Addressing Workplace Bullying – with Nicki Eyre and Cathie Donaldson
- Podcast Episode 188: Tips From The Maverick Mediator
About The Guest, Eleanor Manley
Eleanor is the co-founder & CEO of Metta Space – equipping HR leaders with a misconduct case management system that tackles the whole pipeline from prevention to reporting and resolution. A Machine Learning Engineer by background, Eleanor is passionate about Data Science and is excited for the new frontier of NLP’s application towards equity in the workplace.
- Eleanor Manley LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/eleanormanley?trk=public_post_feed-actor-name
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel