This Episode: Joyful Leadership – with Carol Norbeck Hines
Lucinda talks to expert trainer and consultant Carol Norbeck Hines, the author of ‘Joyful Leadership’, about why people should always be at the heart of leadership and the decisions we make, the value of excellence and trust, and why we should never be afraid of apologies and the benefits they can provide.
- Human Resources should always focus upon our people. The people aspect is the heart of the organisation, and we should keep this in mind at all times.
- Since we are the keepers of the actual people, we need to help our leaders answer the question: why would people want to follow you?
- We need to role-play what leadership looks like considering the trust and integrity at every turn, and encourage leaders to follow the paths we take.
- Often, some cases call for apologies to be made. We shouldn’t fear this, as they are a great way to engender trust and build bridges.
Best Moments from ‘Joyful Leadership – with Carol Norbeck Hines‘
‘I help good leaders become great leaders’
‘We’re really the keeper of all things people’
‘You’ve got to manage the process and you’ve got to lead the people’
- Blog: What Essential Management Skills are needed in 2023?
- E-Book: People and Performance Management in a Hybrid World
- New Info-book: Rethinking Performance Appraisals
- New Resource: Actus Survey Directory
- Resource: The Actus 360 Question Directory
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- Management and Leadership Podcast Category
- Podcast Episode 160: Gender Diversity In Leadership – with Rachel Gilfrin
- Podcast Episode 170: How To Be Strategic
About The Guest, Carol Norbeck Hines
Carol Norbeck Hines’ coaching and development consultancy – Leader Know How – is about helping clients make a meaningful contribution through their work.
Carol holds a master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from the University of Maryland and has completed her coaching certification through The Newfield Network.
Each day Carol is thankful for the many blessings in her life, including work she enjoys, family she treasures, and many wonderful friends and colleagues.
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel