This Episode: High Performance Habits for 2023 – with Dr Jon Finn
Dr Jon Finn founded the award-winning Tougher Minds consultancy and has three psychology-related degrees, including a PhD. He has worked in performance psychology, resilience, and leadership science for over 20 years. He is also writes regularly for Forbes.
Dr Finn joins Lucinda on this all-new episode for 2023 to talk about the best ways of instilling high performance habits from the get go in order to help you see a more empowered year ahead.
- First principle thinking is the art of boiling things down to the most basic principles possible. It’s about stripping ideas back to their core and simplifying the process to achieve them.
- Our businesses run on the brainpower of people, but the issue is that many do not completely understand the brain itself. By empowering this knowledge, we edge closer towards our objectives.
- Habits range from 100% of what we say and do, down to 98% of what we think and do. Most of what we do is mindless, automatic behaviour.
- Better sleep, better diet and better levels of exercise are the foundations of allowing people to be at their best. Stress management, confidence habits and better leadership habits will follow.
Best Moments from ‘ High Performance Habits for 2023 – with Dr Jon Finn ‘
‘Your business runs on brains’
‘I want to empower everyone to use these insights to do better’
‘Brains run on habits’
‘We’ve got work out where are the blockages, and what’s stopping our people from developing the habits that will help them to be at their best’
About The Guest, Dr Jon Finn
Dr. Jon Finn wrote his best-selling book ‘The Habit Mechanic’ (which took him over 20 years) because his life’s mission is to help people to be their best in the challenging modern world. This book is proven to change lives. People have said it is a ‘MANUAL FOR LIFE’, and a ‘TOOL KIT FOR SUCCESS’. It contains over 30 self-improvement tools. It is like three books in one. Dr. Jon Finn founded the award-winning Tougher Minds consultancy and has three psychology-related degrees, including a PhD. He has worked in performance psychology, resilience, and leadership science for over 20 years.
- The Habit Mechanic: https://geni.us/TheHabitMechanic
- Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/dr-jon-finn
- Tougher Minds website: https://www.tougherminds.co.uk/
- Twitter: @TougherMinds
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
How To Be A Change Superhero – by Lucinda Carney
- New Resource: Actus Survey Directory
- New Resource: The Actus 360 Question Directory
- E-book: People and Performance Management in a Hybrid World
- Blog: The critical link between trust and high performance
- Research Paper: What Drives High Performance?
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- Podcast Episode 181: The HR Club – with Emma Djemil
- Podcast Episode 147: Hybrid People – Performance Management Strategies
- Podcast Episode 28: How to address a culture of Underperformance
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel