This Episode: The HR Club – with Emma Djemil
Lucinda talks to Emma Djemil, the founder of The HR Club, to discuss the concept of the group, and what inspired her to create a career development network for women in HR – a space to connect, develop and grow sustainably.
- The mark of a good leader is someone who can spot a person’s unique gifts and strengths and harness them for the good of the organisation.
- We need to understand that work incidents and events have an impact upon the mental health of our people. We also need to recognise the impact it can have upon us as professionals. HR is a sector in which people often experience burnout.
- Work must be made in order to move us more towards a place where people are appreciated above all else, and the HR departments are not just called upon when negative impact needs to be absorbed.
Best Moments from ‘The HR Club – with Emma Djemil‘
‘I had always experienced leadership around which I needed to be something different’
‘What I see is a profession in which so many of us end up in burnout’
‘There is a gap between us and the resources available to us’
About The Guest, Emma Djemil
As a Certified One of many women’s coach and Brain and Behaviour Change Practitioner, Emma supports women in HR to be unstoppable in the pursuit of what they really want.
Through her coaching, training and ‘The HR Club’ community on Facebook, Emma plugs the gap between what’s expected of us in our role and the support that we actually need to do it.
Emma lives just outside Canterbury in Kent with her husband and 5 year old daughter, who’s a daily reminder to find magic in the ordinary, to sing even when someone’s looking and to celebrate yourself without reservation.
- My website: https://beunstoppable.uk/
- The HR Club’s website: https://thehrclub.beunstoppable.uk/
- Emma Djemil LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/be-unstoppable/?originalSubdomain=uk
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
How To Be A Change Superhero – by Lucinda Carney
- New Resource: Actus Survey Directory
- New Resource: The Actus 360 Question Directory
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- The ‘HR’s Role In’ Podcast Series
- Talent Drain – Why women leave tech jobs
- Podcast Episode 129: Diversity And Inclusion: Making The Business Case
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel