This Episode: Hybrid People – Performance Management Strategies
With the new world of hybrid working has come a greater need for ways in which to manage our people both inside and outside of the workplace. In this episode, Lucinda shares some of the strategies that can help you to make the most of the hybrid world, and what good people performance management should look like.
- There seems to be a prevailing mind-set that simply because someone is in the office that they are working effectively, and that people working remotely are not.
- Many managers lack the skill to agree output-based objectives, or lack the confidence to manage people effectively against them, and in some cases, the inclination to do so.
- Pre-pandemic, targets were mainly financially driven, setting directions and running after them. It was mainly task focussed. During the pandemic, these targets changed as people became the centre of focus.
- People are more detached from organisations in the wake of hybrid working. It takes far less to make them decide to leave a job and work somewhere else. We are reliant to create the loyalty and engagement to keep people wanting to work for the business.
‘We’ve had a pre-pandemic approach. We’ve had a pandemic approach. And now we need a hybrid approach in terms of how we manage our people’
‘There’s an increasing level of disengagement or lack of ownership’
‘New cultural norms have been established’
‘We’re now in a situation where people are voting with their feet’
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources:
- All free resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand e-learning platform!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- Book: How To Be A Change Superhero – by Lucinda Carney
- Free Change Toolkit: www.changesuperhero.com
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
Links related to this episode
- HR Zone Magazine article: https://www.hrzone.com/perform/people/taking-care-of-hr-bringing-supportive-supervision-to-those-who-need-it-most
- Ultimate Resilience website: https://ultimateresilience.co.uk/
- Supervision for Resilience Service website: https://supervisionservice.co.uk/
- Link to full article on our model: https://bpspsychub.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/joop.12340
If you liked this episode, try these
How to prioritise self care
Mental Health first aid
The Wellbeing Protocol with Dr Georgi Toma
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel