This Episode: Organisational Development Jargon Buster – with Dr Graham Curtis
This week, Lucinda is joined by the Director of Roffey Park Academy, Dr Graham Curtis, for a deep dive into organisational development – demystifying the sometimes cluttered phraseology surrounding it, and also busting the jargon that often clouds the subject itself.
- Organisational development people who truly thrive upon it, have a deep curiosity, and strive to make positive, impactful change.
- Furthermore, flexibility and comfort with change is an essential component in organisational development. Those who are this way are likely to make more intuitive decisions in the long run.
- Lastly, we are always trying to look across the whole organisational effort in an attempt to find places where we can effect alignment and create positive change.
Best Moments from ‘Organisational Development Jargon Buster – with Dr Graham Curtis‘
‘Our job as HR professionals is to help organisations to remember those values’
‘I’m curious and I care about people’
‘You have a real reflexive interest in what makes me tick and how do I impact others’
‘Good judgment is founded on the ethical challenge’
About The Guest, Dr Graham Curtis
Graham’s focus is on supporting people and organisations to be the best they can possibly be through maximising their potential.
Graham has over 25 years of experience, working in the UK and also internationally. Furthermore, he has designed and led the delivery of global leadership and management development programmes in the UK, Nigeria, Kenya and Columbia aimed at supporting and challenging participants to reflect on their practice and their relationships with their teams. He has also led global transformation programmes, supporting organisations to deliver more distributed and diverse governance and leadership.
Lastly, Graham believes that great leadership is founded on developing our flexibility in response to dynamic and emergent situations through growing our curiosity. Also, our capability to reflect upon the contexts we find ourselves in and our relationships with those around us.
Also, why not connect with Dr Graham Curtis on LinkedIn! https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-graham-curtis-6b931911/?originalSubdomain=uk
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Organisational Development Resources Flyer
- Blog: The 5-Step Organisational Development (O.D.) Process
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- Podcast Episode 177: How To Do Organisational Development
- Podcast Episode 19: Delivering Organisational Change
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel