This Episode: Outplacement Masterclass – with June Hogan
June Hogan is the director of Wildwood Coaching, and joins Lucinda to talk about the topic of outplacement, the practice of ensuring that outgoing employees are given every chance at a successful future outside of the organisation, which can result in positive impact upon company brand, loyalty and retention.
- When dealing with people, it is crucial to remember that everyone is unique, and must be treated as such. It is about finding out who the individual is, and the circumstances that have led them to this point.
- A redundancy can negatively impact confidence in a huge way. Roles are made redundant rather than individuals, but we form close-knit bonds to the roles we assume.
- Change itself comes with a fluctuating set of responses. Some dig in their heels and do not embrace change, but then this feeling can shift to one of receptiveness, and a need to be heard.
- The benefits of outplacement support, and treating outgoing people with support, is that it creates a more positive view of you as an employer to those who remain.
Best Moments from ‘Outplacement Masterclass – with June Hogan‘
‘Outplacement can be done really well or really badly’
‘We are all about the individual’
‘All there is, is a need to support and to help people move forwards’
‘A redundancy inevitably impacts motivation’
About the Guest, June Hogan
June Hogan is a Career Coach and Outplacement Specialist and works with HR professionals managing redundancies. Offering Outplacement Support ensures those who leave to feel positive about the future, those who remain can see you did the right thing and it helps to protect company brand and reputation.
With 20 years corporate HR experience, personal and professional experience of redundancy and a recent coaching qualification, in 2019 June decided to set up her own business and specialise in Outplacement Support.
June Hogan: “I find Outplacement Support incredibly rewarding work, it’s a privilege to support people at what is often a difficult time in their lives and to know I’ve played a part in their journey to shape their future”.
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources:
- All free resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand e-learning platform!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
If you liked this episode, try these
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel