This Episode: Meaningful Gatherings – with Lindsey Caplan
Lindsey Caplan is the Lead Consultant at The Gathering Effect, who specialise in helping HR Leaders, chiefs of staff, and marketing professionals to define, diagnose, and adjust their gatherings for the effect they want.
Lindsey joins Lucinda to talk about the power of gatherings, especially in the new world of work, and how to ensure that they have maximum impact.
- Gatherings are one of the main tools that organisations can use in order to bring about, and implement, change on a meaningful scale.
- In the aftermath of the pandemic and its lockdowns, gatherings have become far less throwaway than they were before. People like to gather, but they need the purpose to be more impactful, and the results to be far more effective.
- The same characteristics that make a gathering more effective, are the same ones that make change stick. We must define the effect and then craft the gathering itself in order to meet that purpose.
- Gatherings are defined as “push or pull” – Push means it is being done “at” people, and Pull signifies a gathering being done “with” people.
‘I developed people on the page, and then realised that what I really wanted to do was develop people in real life’
‘We now have a higher bar for gathering’
‘We have to learn how to gather well so that we can learn how to bring change to people’
‘The key coaching I give to people is how to adjust their gathering to get the different effect that they want’
About The Guest
Lindsey Caplan is a screenwriter turned Organizational Psychologist who helps HR and business leaders script their change efforts for the effect they want. Her forthcoming book, The Gathering Effect, is based on her research and consulting practice.
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources:
- All free resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand e-learning platform!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
Links related to this episode
- HR Zone Magazine article: https://www.hrzone.com/perform/people/taking-care-of-hr-bringing-supportive-supervision-to-those-who-need-it-most
- Ultimate Resilience website: https://ultimateresilience.co.uk/
- Supervision for Resilience Service website: https://supervisionservice.co.uk/
- Link to full article on our model: https://bpspsychub.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/joop.12340
If you liked this episode, try these
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel