This Episode: Why It’s Time To Fill Those Buckets
Lucinda discusses the topic of feedback – how it has changed in the new hybrid working environment, and why we should always seek to create positive, new ways of interacting with our people.
- We must encourage new ways of communicating with our people, and make sure that we are engendering new and positive cultures of communication.
- People expect feedback to be negative. We have created environments where people are wary when it is offered and do not actively seek it out.
- Additionally, virtual working has removed many of our informal feedback systems. We no longer have the ability to judge the gist of an interaction through natural means.
- We can make feedback less threatening by always fostering a growth mindset. Lastly, we must view any feedback as an opportunity to learn and develop.
‘Feedback can be a game-changer in what we’re trying to accomplish in this hybrid world’
‘It triggers our fight-or-flight response’
‘Feedback is the main way in which we get self-awareness’
‘It’s all about continuous improvement and taking away risk and blame cultures’
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources:
- All free resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand e-learning platform!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
Links related to this episode
- HR Zone Magazine article: https://www.hrzone.com/perform/people/taking-care-of-hr-bringing-supportive-supervision-to-those-who-need-it-most
- Ultimate Resilience website: https://ultimateresilience.co.uk/
- Supervision for Resilience Service website: https://supervisionservice.co.uk/
- Link to full article on our model: https://bpspsychub.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/joop.12340
If you liked this episode, try these
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel