This Episode: Listening To Our People – with Kendal Parmar
This week, Lucinda is joined by Kendal Parmar, the CEO of Untapped AI, which drives change in organisations, to talk about the “Great Resignation” – if it’s real, and if so how we can do to prevent migrations from our own workplaces by listening more closely to our people.
- Studies have shown that one in four people are planning to leave their jobs in the near future. It generally takes about six months to emotional reconcile this decision within ourselves.
- The business landscape is changing in remarkable ways. Employees are now far more valuable than the positions they hold, or the organisations that employ them.
- The pandemic has made many realise that there is far more to life than just working. The time we have been given has forced a wholesale readjustment in priorities.
- HR’s role is to support the evolving role of leaders in the workplace, as they adjust to the evolving needs of employees. An entirely new way of leading people is emerging, one that encourages listening and adapting swiftly.
‘If you think you’re on top of retention and attrition, you’re not’
‘The golden age of the employee is here’
‘Individuals or employees are moving much faster than the companies they’re working for’
‘This is the opposite of command and control’
About The Guest
Kendal Parmar is the CEO of Untapped AI, a company pioneering ‘bottom up organisational change using AI’. She trained as a clinical psychologist and is a business psychologist with 25 years’ experience of driving transformational change. She created the “100 best companies to work for” methodology for The Sunday Times and this continues to underpin the many lists that exist today.
Kendal Parmar LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/kendal-parmar-5a8bb5107/?originalSubdomain=uk
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources:
- All free resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand e-learning platform!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- Book: How To Be A Change Superhero – by Lucinda Carney
- Free Change Toolkit: www.changesuperhero.com
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
Links related to this episode
- HR Zone Magazine article: https://www.hrzone.com/perform/people/taking-care-of-hr-bringing-supportive-supervision-to-those-who-need-it-most
- Ultimate Resilience website: https://ultimateresilience.co.uk/
- Supervision for Resilience Service website: https://supervisionservice.co.uk/
- Link to full article on our model: https://bpspsychub.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/joop.12340
If you liked this episode, try these
How to prioritise self care
Mental Health first aid
The Wellbeing Protocol with Dr Georgi Toma
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel