This Episode: The Highlights of 2021
In this very special New Year’s edition of The HR Uprising, Lucinda talks about her personal top ten moments from the podcast in 2021, and presents a special selection of clips to illustrate what an impactful and insightful year 2021 has been.
- Short term thinking generally comes down to a cultural issue. Many managers, if they have a role to fill, do not have the breadth of knowledge required to make informed decisions.
- Scientists have proved that we have more chance of being hit by lightning than we have of being someone who can survive on next to no sleep.
- We assume that if someone is doing a great job then they must know it. But this isn’t always the case. As managers, we must be diligent in providing feedback.
- There are ways in which we cause unnecessary stress and overwhelm for ourselves. This is because we have not naturally been taught to perform brain hygiene. It’s similar to a toddler being overstimulated who grows tired when overloaded.
‘There’s a classification of managers being talent producers’
‘Everything we learn in a day is consolidated when we sleep’
‘Diversity comes from this compliance’
‘It’s really important, to deliver that feedback’
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources:
- All free resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand e-learning platform!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
Links related to this episode
- HR Zone Magazine article: https://www.hrzone.com/perform/people/taking-care-of-hr-bringing-supportive-supervision-to-those-who-need-it-most
- Ultimate Resilience website: https://ultimateresilience.co.uk/
- Supervision for Resilience Service website: https://supervisionservice.co.uk/
- Link to full article on our model: https://bpspsychub.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/joop.12340
If you liked this episode, try these
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel