This Episode: Supervision For People Professionals
This week, Lucinda is joined by clinical psychologists Dr Jo Burrell and Dr Felicity Baker from Ultimate Resilience, for a timely discussion about resilience, the benefits of supervision for people professionals, and how we should think about reflection and supervision in terms of maximising our own resilience in these challenging times.
- People professionals are often the ones that workforces approach when they experience difficulties, but the support is not always there for the HR professionals themselves.
- Other professionals benefit from proper supervision – why not HR?
- HR professionals are restricted by a certain number of boundaries, and as such, may find that they are not able to access the resources required to deal with a given situation.
- If you don’t take time out to reflect and process, to make sense of difficult experiences, then we tend to take the problems home with us. This makes recovery almost impossible.
- Success and productivity are often based purely upon hitting targets and reaching goals. But for our own wellbeing, we need regular times for reflection and perspective.
‘We felt there really was a gap in terms of support for HR professionals’
‘There’s been a 70% increase in stress-related absence in HR professionals’
‘We live in a world that is very drive-focussed’
‘There’s something about the difference between doing and being’
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources:
- All free resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand e-learning platform!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
Links related to this episode
- HR Zone Magazine article: https://www.hrzone.com/perform/people/taking-care-of-hr-bringing-supportive-supervision-to-those-who-need-it-most
- Ultimate Resilience website: https://ultimateresilience.co.uk/
- Supervision for Resilience Service website: https://supervisionservice.co.uk/
- Link to full article on our model: https://bpspsychub.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/epdf/10.1111/joop.12340
If you liked this episode, try these
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel