This Episode: Practical Diversity: Inclusion Strategies
This week, Lucinda discusses the ways in which we can improve diversity and inclusion within our organisations in practical ways, and the steps we can take in order to establish a more measured approach to effecting real change.
- We must examine the culture that our organisations hold dear. Are our policies merely paying lip service, or do they aim to create lasting change?
- Events such as holidays and celebrations need to embrace a far more holistic overview, taking into account many more cultures and backgrounds than we may currently support.
- We can often judge the outside perception of how our company tackles diversity and inclusion by looking at the types of people who are applying to be a part of it.
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- The HR Uprising ranked 9th in Feedspot’s ‘Top 30 UK HR Podcasts You Must Follow in 2021’.
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources:
- All free resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- NEW infographic: 10 Steps to Creating a Successful Hybrid Workplace
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand e-learning platform!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- Book: How To Be A Change Superhero – by Lucinda Carney
- Free Change Toolkit: www.changesuperhero.com
- HR’s Role In episodes:
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
‘There are lots of things we can look at in our business in order to understand where we are, currently’
‘This is an indication of how much people feel that they belong’
‘You need to think about hardwiring diversity and inclusion into your selection processes’
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel