This Episode: Redesigning Culture – with Mario Moussa
This episode, Lucinda talks to award-winning author, management consultant, keynote speaker, and executive educator, Mario Moussa. In his new book, ‘The Culture Puzzle: Find the Solution, Energize Your Organization’, Mario describes a step-by-step process for creating sustainable business cultures. Mario joins Lucinda to discuss his process, and to explain why redesigning culture should be at the forefront of every organisation’s thinking, going forward.
- Many think culture remains static when implemented, but it is constant flux – always adapting and changing as the business moves and grows.
- Start having conversations about how you would ideally like to work with others, defining your critical values, and crucially, listen to the responses. Additionally, listening is key.
- When forces in any branch of life (organisations, society, workplaces) clash, they push against each other and impede progress on either side. Furthermore, this can lead to a stasis – a stalemate.
- Lastly, the three basic needs we all have as people in the workplace are to be connected to others, to have meaningful work, and to be recognised for that work.
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- The HR Uprising ranked 9th in Feedspot’s ‘Top 30 UK HR Podcasts You Must Follow in 2021’.
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources:
- All free resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- NEW infographic: 10 Steps to Creating a Successful Hybrid Workplace
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand e-learning platform!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- HR’s Role In episodes:
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
‘Culture is always involving – it’s always moving’
‘Cultures, societies, organisations, often feel static’
‘There’s too much telling, and not enough listening’
‘Culture comes from the past, but then it carries us into the future’
‘If a vision is just your vision alone, then it’s not really an effective vision’
About The Guest, Mario Moussa
Mario Moussa is president of Moussa Consulting and an Affiliated Faculty member in the College of Liberal and Professional Studies at the University of Pennsylvania. His work has been featured on NPR and in Time, Businessweek, U.S. News and World Report, Fortune, Forbes, Inc., Entrepreneur, the Economist, and the Financial Times. He is the co-author of the bestseller The Art of Woo and Committed Teams. He received his PhD from the University of Chicago’s Committee on Social Thought.
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel