This Episode: How to Build Trust
Trust has become an even more vital component in our organisations, now that many companies are trusting their workforce to operate remotely. In this HR Uprising Podcast episode, Lucinda talks about the importance of trust on both sides of the equation, and how we can do our part to build healthy relationships built upon this crucial foundation.
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Actus Software resources particularly relevant to this podcast:
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Change Superhero Resources
- Latest Performance Management Blog
- Trust is the foundation of all successful relationships, and so the level of trust we have in each other depends on our levels of confidence in that person.
- Furthermore, trust is founded upon the consistency of actions. By having our standards met, and in some cases exceeded, time and again, we come to rely upon those around us, therefore establishing trust.
- Above all, if we wish to develop trust, we must start with ourselves. Therefore, we must have confidence enough to set and achieve small goals.
- Certainly, most performance issues are the result of a lack of clarity. If we empower people more by being clear on the goals we hope to achieve, then we build trust on both sides.
- ‘Trust is that slightly intangible element that’s so vital for healthy relationships and high performing organisations’
- ‘If we start with trust, then we get the best out of ourselves and others’
- ’Trust is an output of character and confidence’
- ‘Empower but don’t abdicate – and definitely don’t micro-manage’
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“When we look up we rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel