This Episode: The Energised Workplace – with Perry Timms
Lucinda is joined by special guest Perry Timms, founder and Chief Energy Officer of PTHR, for a timely conversation about the topic of energy and how we can invigorate and maintain the energy in our teams. Essentially, so that we can better face the challenges of the year ahead with an energised workplace!
- Certainly, learning is a wonderful source of energy. We feel a sense of dynamic invigoration when we develop – almost like levelling up.
- It’s not about fixing people. We should be seeking to fix the system itself. Thus enabling a trickling down of energy that invigorates our workforce.
- Energy begins with freedom. Indeed, many feel trapped in their job or their workplace. Furthermore, invigoration comes through granting people a sense of freedom, by dismantling barriers and encouraging imagination.
- Indeed, we sometimes waste the talents of a person by slotting them into roles that do not make full use of that talent. Therefore, we should always seek to tailor the person to the role.
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- 5 Steps to Boost Employee Energy – Actus Software
- Virtual Training:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- How to Prioritise Self-Care (The HR Uprising)
- Latest Performance Management Blog
- ‘Energy is a premium resource’
- ‘Most people are caged in their work’
- ‘When we acquire new skills, when we force our self into new frontiers, our energy raises’
- ‘There’s a thing called the IKEA effect where you love what you build – that’s what I want to see people do more’
About The Guest
Perry Timms is the founder and Chief Energy Officer of PTHR – an 8-person global consultancy, setting out to create better business for a better world. Perry is an international and 2x TEDx speaker and award-winning writer on the future of work, HR & learning. Fingers crossed, PTHR will become a BCorp Certified Organisation later in 2020.
Perry’s 2017 book Transformational HR was an Amazon.com Top 30 HR seller shortly after its release (and is due for a second edition in 2021), but before that, his second book – The Energised Workplace – published in August 2020.
Perry’s work is influenced by human-centred, design and systems thinking plus agile, inclusive and autonomous ways of working that enhance personal fulfilment and organisation effectiveness.
Perry is Adjunct Professor at Hult International Business School and Ashridge Management School; a visiting fellow at Cranfield School of Management, and Sheffield Hallam University.
Furthermore, Perry is a proud Chartered member of the CIPD and is a 3x member of HR Magazine’s HR Most Influential Thinkers making the top 10 in 2018 & 2019 and a 2020 Top 100 Global HR Influencer on numerous lists, a LinkedIn Learning instructor and Fellow of the RSA.
Connect with Perry Timms:
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Indeed, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel