This Episode: Introducing The HRi – HR Independents Professional Membership Organisation
There’s change afoot in the HR world, with the founding of the HRi, the HR Independents is a community of predominantly self-employed HR professionals working together to provide innovative, professional, and quality HR services to businesses across the UK.
In this week’s show, Lucinda talks to the co-founders of the HRi, Ruth Cornish and Katy McMinn, about the aims of the group and the reasons behind it. Furthermore, how it may be able to help you!
- Until now there hasn’t been a wealth of support for independent HR professionals. Often we are relied upon to tread the path alone, making mistakes along the way, but learning our way to success.
- The HRi offers support through helping with all the practical support needed as an independent, and by offering a voice on behalf of the many thousands of workers not registered with the CIPD.
- The membership does not aim to regulate so much as it aims to install a set of standards that are attainable, and desirable across the industry.
- Advice offered and accepted on forums is helpful and plentiful, but we must remember that it is subjective advice. The HRi provides a clearing house for information, and always remains non-subjective.
- Furthermore, through this body, access may now be more easily granted between independent and employed professionals with the aim of providing collaboration and development.
- ‘You can do anything if you set your mind to it’
- ‘If you work for an organisation, someone has your back. When you’re an independent, that’s less the case’
- ‘It’s the independent, the entrepreneurial side, the innovative side – that’s what we want to drive forward’
- ’Bring all that great knowledge together and raise up the profession’
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- How To Be A Change Superhero – by Lucinda Carney
- Free Change Toolkit: www.changesuperhero.com
- Latest Performance Management Blog
- HRi – https://www.hril.co.uk
- HRi launch eventbrite
- Ruth Cornish LinkedIn
- Katy McMinn LinkedIn
About The Guests
HRi – HR Independents is an exciting new business due to launch on 30th September 2020. It is a membership organisation for HR and People professionals (working independently or stand alone) and a marketplace for businesses to find experienced HR and People Professionals to give them expert advice and competitive advantage.
- HRi on LinkedIn
- HRi on Twitter
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Indeed it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“When we look up we rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel