This Episode: REAL HR with Daniel Bailey
In this, the second episode in a new series for The HR Uprising – REAL HR, Lucinda chats to real-life HR professionals about their career and lessons learned. Thus discovering the many ways we can raise each other up through shared experiences.
This week’s HR Professional is Daniel Bailey, Group Reward Manager at Imperial Tobacco. Daniel is a proven HR professional with specialist skills in reward and recognition in both the public and private sectors.
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- In-house Training: Virtual Change Superhero Training
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Change Superhero Resources
- Latest Performance Management Blog
- A Day In The Life Of A Reward Analyst – https://www.cipd.co.uk/careers/career-options/reward-roles/day-in-reward-analyst
- It’s important, when creating HR solutions, to consider both sides of the equation. We must consider the human component as well as the health of the business itself.
- Much time has been saved during COVD through remote working. But we have also lost countless opportunities by not having offices and workplaces open, as they are a breeding ground for ideas and concepts through social interaction.
- Reward people must always understand that a business has the right to counter any suggestion in order to keep the interests of the business in the forefront. It is our job to do the work, but it can not always be followed through upon.
- Furthermore, organisations should attempt to back to the fundamentals of pay transparency. The market will always dictate the value of a role, but not always the value of a person and the skill base they bring.
- ‘I’m a geek with character!’
- ‘I’ve been a subject matter expert in reward’
- ‘Reward people do need to understand that sometimes businesses have to make a commercial decision that doesn’t match with their benchmarking’
- ‘You could be a rocket scientists driving a bus, but you’re not necessarily going to pay rocket scientists rates’
- ‘HR is all about that collaboration of ideas’
About The Guest
Daniel Bailey is Group Reward Manager at Imperial Tobacco. A unique and proven HR professional with strong foundations in Compensation & Benefits and Employee Relations with over 13 years’ experience in large employers in the public and private sectors. Furthermore, Daniel is highly proficient with common software packages and quick to adapt to new and unknown systems.
Daniel Bailey on LinkedIn
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Indeed it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“When we look up we rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel