This Episode: Disruptive HR – with Lucy Adams
For this very special 200th episode, Lucinda is joined by the wonderful Lucy Adams, the CEO of Disruptive HR to talk about not just her prolific and renowned career in the HR sector, but also the ever-changing world of HR itself, and why she has chosen to pioneer a more disruptive approach.
- Change comes far easier if we question the narrative and test the boundaries of what is possible. In Lucy’s case, the world of HR was due for a shake up.
- Career conversations are far more constructive than performance reviews. Objectives can be discussed, but it’s far more valuable to talk about what each side has learned about the other.
- The EACH framework or model was designed to allow us to sum up our complex and stimulating ideas in a way we can remember. It stands for Employees as Adults Consumers and Human beings.
- in the wake of COVID, we should ask now if a better way of working exists. Why should people once again be brought back to offices when they work perfectly well from home.
Best Moments from ‘Disruptive HR – with Lucy Adams‘
‘I was never frightened to say “Why?” and “What’s the purpose of this?”‘
‘I describe myself as a recovering HR director’
‘Rather than something that’s done to you, it’s something that you can take control of’
‘Bring people back if there’s purpose or value, but don’t do it in the old school, old fashioned way’
- New Info-book: Rethinking Performance Appraisals
- Additional free HR Resources
- Virtual Training Programmes
If you liked this episode, try these
- Podcast Episode 128: Pay Transparency: Incentives – with Rameez Kaleem
- Podcast Episode 172: Helping With The Cost Of Living Crisis – with Charles Cotton CIPD
About The Guest, Lucy Adams
Lucy Adams is one of the most innovative and inspirational speakers in the HR profession. Having led HR in organisations going through significant disruption, such as the BBC, she knows why people practices have to change and offers genuinely fresh perspectives on how to do it.
She offers alternatives to traditional leadership and HR and provides practical examples of how companies are already implementing these new trends. Her unique EACH model (Employees as Adults, Consumers and Human Beings) provides a re-set for people practices to make them relevant and impactful in a disrupted world.
Having held Board-level HR roles in a number of large organisations, Lucy created Disruptive HR www.disruptivehr.com five years ago and she and her team work with business leaders and HR professionals across the world to help them lead, engage and develop their people differently.
Disruptive HR – https://disruptivehr.club
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel