This Episode: Setting Up New Ways Of Working
In the wake of lockdown, many businesses are seeking to ensure that workplaces, going forward, are better equipped for the new world of business and the new ways of working. In this episode, Lucinda shares ten practical methods for making sure that an effective hybrid work environment can be achieved.
- The first step is to consult with your people in order to get a real sense of what they see as the future of the workplace.
- Indeed, a workplace thrives on win-win situations. Furthermore, look for ways in which we can provide win-wins for our people, as well as delegating responsibilities and where and how to escalate matters.
- Additionally, we must recognise the challenges of hybrid working, taking into account that if we allow the freedom of working at home, how will the workplace operate if all choose to do so at once.
- Lastly, never be afraid to pilot these new scenarios – to test and refine. Also, we may recognise better ways of working, feedback at all times is essential and this is a learning process for everyone.
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand learning platform!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- The HR Uprising ranked 9th in Feedspot’s ‘Top 30 UK HR Podcasts You Must Follow in 2021’.
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- The HR Uprising 100th episode!
- Change Superhero Resources:
‘Most of the people I’m working with are going towards a flexible, hybrid approach’
‘Whatever happens, we’ve got to do the best for the organisation’
‘Can we run things just as effectively through technology?’
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles. Lucinda also has a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel