This Episode: Effective Remote Appraisals
In this week’s episode, Lucinda talks you through the ways in which you can better prepare for remote appraisals. Also, Lucinda gives practical guidance on how to evaluate fairly in what has been the most abnormal of years.
- Indeed, remote working has thrown up many challenges, including wellbeing, home schooling, or remote working itself. In many cases, we have spent more time at home than we have in the office.
- Certainly, we must consider how different the last year has been in terms other than geography. Many factors are actually the same, but simply feel different.
- Without clear objectives, or diluted milestones due to geography, it can be increasingly difficult to assess or appraise performance. Therefore, we must look to other markers.
- Furthermore, behavioural evidence is increasingly important for organisations, and yet without face to face contact, many find it difficult to assess this. But even when working remotely, we still have a sense of interaction.
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- The HR Uprising 100th episode!
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand learning platform!
- Also, check out our latest Performance Management Blog
- Enter the HR Uprising Competition!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
‘If we don’t have to find objectives or milestones, this makes it a little bit more complicated…’
‘Objectives and feedback are what drives performance’
‘Were our objectives smart in the first place?’
‘It’s not what we do but how we do it that makes a huge difference’
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel