This Episode: Wellbeing And Health In Business – with Anna Harrington
This week, Lucinda talks to occupational health specialist, Anna Harrington, about the ways in which we can better ensure that the wellbeing and health of our people remains a priority as our workforces prepare to return to life as normal in 2021.
- People are tired, and also our resilience may be on the wane after over a year of lockdown. Therefore, we must prepare for the presence of ongoing issues as our people return.
- Occupational health is about assisting a business and helping it thrive, both for itself, and through individual cases.
- Indeed, stress, anxiety and depression have begun to play a much larger role in the duties attended to by occupational health specialists in the sector.
- We must seek signs that are otherwise perhaps hidden from view, when it comes to people’s mental health suffering. Certainly, these can present themselves in the form of performance issues at work.
- The HR Uprising Podcast | Apple | Spotify | Stitcher
- The HR Uprising LinkedIn Group
- Host of The HR Uprising Podcast, Lucinda Carney, is also the founder and CEO of Actus Software, where you can find additional free HR Resources: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- The HR Uprising 100th episode!
- Introducing the new Actus Academy: your on-demand learning platform!
- Latest Performance Management Blog
- Enter the HR Uprising Competition!
- Virtual Training Programmes:
- Change Superhero Resources:
- Book: How To Be A Change Superhero – by Lucinda Carney
- Free Change Toolkit: www.changesuperhero.com
‘The occupational health role is about trying to promote good health at work’
‘We enable businesses to look at their ethical and moral perspectives’
‘It’s about ensuring the confidential nature of the assessment’
‘They often come with a component of mental ill-health’
About The Guest
Anna has 19 years occupational health experience. She very much believes that occupational health can work collaboratively with human resources to enable both individuals to thrive and organisations to be successful. Also, Anna has extended her occupational health specialism with training in positive psychology and facilitation training in enabling collaborative, equitable and productive working groups. Furthermore, she founded her business – WHIB Ltd in 2019 with the aim of providing collaborative and supportive occupational health services. Lastly, WHIB has 3 work streams:
- Management referrals at times of employee health problems
- Wellbeing workshops and advisory services
Connect with Anna Harrington:
Anna Harrington Twitter – https://twitter.com/annalh24?lang=en
WHIB – https://www.whib.co.uk
Anna Harrington LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/annawhib/?originalSubdomain=uk
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. Certainly, it was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If you look up, you rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising
- YouTube: Channel