‘It’s about building trust and letting them do the right thing. ‘
It’s not too late to enhance your skills and grow your knowledge in HR and L&D. Your career, if you’re an individual or your business, if you’re an entrepreneur, could greatly improve if you familiarise yourself with the basic theories and latest changes that are happening.
This Episode: Investigating the merits of CIPD qualifications with Tamasin Sutton
Organisations change, cultures change, and business challenges change. What we face in the workplace can get too hard to handle. CIPD offers different HR courses you can easily access online (link below). CIPD qualifications and training, which are research-led, can help you provide the best solutions whether you’re an apprentice or a senior HR manager. You become more valuable to the organisation and it’s easier to move up your career ladder when you continue to learn.
- CIPD offers 3 types of qualifications – diploma, certificate, and award – at different levels to hone your knowledge and skills in HR and L&D. You can opt to choose among these levels:
- Foundation Level 3 – perfect for those who are starting in HR (pragmatic skills)
- Intermediate Level 5 – ideal for senior advisers, managers, VPs (management)
- Advanced Level 7 – focused on senior HRs (most strategic and academic)
- The courses offered by CIPD cover the theoretical and practical aspects of HR. Learning the theories promises to sharpen your critical thinking, and the practical assessments can ready you before you deal with actual HR challenges.
- If you’re looking to study remotely and still get the best training course for HR, check out the DPG portal. It comprises online courses, webinars, and one-to-one consultations, which you can do in your free time.
- It’s important that these courses stay updated–that the syllabus is evidence-based and rooted in current organisational problems.
- “It got 30-40% of the theory side of it. I think it’s more of…it helps you understand the thinking behind.”
- “The best learning they had was the peer learning, the face-to-face conversations. It’s understanding that what the might do in their organisation is massively different in what another organisation would do.”
- “There are few different ways that people can do things. You just have to think about what suits you.”
- “HR apprenticeship is an amazing opportunity for organisations to get people in and really help them get into HR.”
- CIPD – https://www.cipd.co.uk/
- DPG Plc – https://www.dpgplc.co.uk/
- TSHR Ltd – www.tshr.co.uk/
- You can access additional free HR Resources via the Actus Software website link below. Lucinda Carney is the founder and CEO of Actus Software: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
- Other HR Uprising Podcast Episodes: https://hruprising.com/hr-podcasts/
About The Guest
Tamasin Sutton is a Chartered Member of the CIPD with 16 years of experience working in HR. For the past 5 years, she has been an
Independent HR Consultant and worked with DPG Plc alongside this for 3.5yrs as an Associate Facilitator and Assessor on the CIPD L5
qualification. Prior to that Tamasin worked in the private and third sectors setting up HR functions and working at a senior level in a
Tamasin loves the constant shifts and challenges in her work and supporting people to gain their CIPD qualifications and businesses to implement and embed positive people practices is where her job satisfaction lies. Her most important job is being mum to a very active 20-month-old and alongside attending toddler classes, Tamasin loves to travel with her family, albeit it’s a little more limited these days.
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. It was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“When we look up we rise up”
- Join the HR Uprising LinkedIn community – https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13714397/
- Email: Lucinda@advancechange.co.uk
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucindacarney/
- Twitter: @lucindacarney
- Instagram: @hruprising
- Facebook: @hruprising