Welcome to the first episode of the HR Uprising Podcast Series aimed at forward-thinking HR; Learning & OD Professionals who want to elevate the way HR is perceived in their Organisations by delivering real, lasting value. The HR Uprising is about learning through collaboration, taking evidence-based action and helping each other to have the confidence and skills to rise up in their careers.
This episode: The 5 secret powers of a change superhero
In this episode, Lucinda explains why and how we can all develop the 5 secret powers of a change superhero and deliver value to our organisations. DO NOTHING is not an option, but it’s more than telling them to change. You have to be strategic about how you approach them, so they see the benefits. Discover today how you can convince them to rally beside you and get that needed change when you tune in!
- Courage – You need the courage if you want to convince the senior stakeholders that the change needed in the organisation should happen now. If you need to set up a one-to-one meeting to present your ideas, do it.
- Connect with strategy – To convince them of change, you need to be strategic on presenting your WHY. Help them see the future and show them where the business could go.
- Corroborate – The proposal you’re going to prepare should be evidence-based. Present facts and figures as these can invite people to work towards change more effectively.
- Communicate – Communication is a two-way process. You have to listen to their side, so you can adequately communicate your stance and bring them with you in the change curve.
- Collaborate – You have to be a follower before you become a leader. It’s the best way to begin a movement towards change.
- “We need to be prepared to challenge the status quo.”
- “If we’re going to be change superheroes, we must inspire people to want to change.”
- “It’s about inspiring people as to why the future could be more exciting.”
- “People require ongoing communication to go through change.”
- “If we want to be change superheroes, we don’t always have to be the lead person. We might actually be the first follower.”
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: https://www.franklincovey.com/the-7-habits.html
Being a transition figure – Stone – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-DIsWkaDJo
- Kotter – 8 step change model –https://www.kotterinc.com/8-steps-process-for-leading-change/
- First Follower Ted Talk – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW8amMCVAJQ
- You can access additional free HR Resources via the Actus Software website link below. Lucinda Carney is the founder and CEO of Actus Software: https://actus.co.uk/free-performance-management-resources/
About The Host
Lucinda Carney is a Business Psychologist with 15 years in Senior Corporate L&D roles and a further 10 as CEO of Actus Software where she worked closely with HR colleagues helping them to solve the same challenges across a huge range of industries. It was this breadth of experience that inspired Lucinda to set up the HR Uprising community to facilitate greater collaboration across HR professionals in different sectors, helping them to ‘rise up’ together.
“If we look up, we rise up”